Alhamisi, 20 Oktoba 2011

MWANAFUNZI WA CHUO KIKUU UINGEREZA AFA KATIKA UKUMBI WA DISCO BAADA YA VURUGU ZA KUTOKA NJE KUWAHI MABASI.

Killed: Northampton University student Nabila Nanfuka died in the nightclub

Killed: Northampton University student Nabila Nanfuka died in the nightclub
A university student was killed in a nightclub stampede as revellers were told their coaches home were about to leave without them.
Nabila Nanfuka, 22, is believed  to have suffered a heart attack after being crushed on a landing area halfway down a staircase as bodies piled on top of her.
Two others were critically injured in the tragedy, which happened at an ‘urban music’ night attended by students from all over the country.
Yesterday there were claims that the event at the Lava & Ignite club in Northampton was overcrowded and tickets had been oversold.
The stampede followed an announcement that students had ‘ten minutes to get on the coaches or they will go without you’ at around 3.30am yesterday.
A fire alarm was then also triggered, which caused the crowd surge to escalate further.
One 19-year-old who passed out in the crush said that when she regained consciousness, she saw the lifeless body of a woman trapped under other fallen clubbers.
The student, who travelled to the ‘Wickedestwickedest’ event from London, said: ‘People were pushing, pushing, pushing to get out. A lot of us just couldn’t breathe.
‘I ended up on my front, trying to find a gap to breathe through, but there were so many people on top of me.
‘Every time somebody was pulled out of the pile of bodies, more people fell forward on top of us. It was awful. I thought I was going to die.
‘I’m sure I passed out for a few minutes. When I came around, I saw a girl’s body below me, to my left.
‘Her eyes were closed and she had people lying on top of her. Everybody else was trying to move or screaming, but she was motionless.’
The event was attended by students from universities as far away as Canterbury, as well as others across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Birmingham and the East Midlands.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni